Niju-bashi Bridge,the Imperial Palace

Niju-bashi Bridge,the Imperial Palace

Ote Bridge of Nishinomaru (foreground) was replaced with an arched stone bridge in 1887. Although it is hidden behind the stone bridge, Nishinomaru Shimojo-bashi was replaced with an iron bridge in October 1888 at the time of the construction of new palace buildings. Ornamental lamps were installed for the first time here. (One of these is preserved at the Meiji Village theme park). The present-day Nishinomaru Shimojo-bashi Bridge was rebuilt in a similar design in 1964. The watchtower on the right was transferred from Fushimi Castle in Kyoto and re-named Fushimi Yagura. Mid-Meiji Period.==Date:unknown, Place:Tokyo, Photo:unknown, (Credit:Nagasaki University Library/Kyodo News Images) [Cabinet Number53‐41‐0]

  • Product Code
  • ILEA000319988
  • Registered date
  • 1900/12/31 00:19:00
  • Credit
  • Nagasaki University Library / Kyodo News Images
  • Media source
  • Nagasaki University Library
  • Media size
  • 3072 × 2048 pixel
  • Resolution
  • dpi
  • Deployment size
  • 3.50(MB)*
  • Special instruction
  • **The text may be generated by an automatic translation system**

*File size when opened in Photoshop, etc.

Similar Images & Videos