Herders contribute to glacier protection in China's Qinghai
STORY: Herders contribute to glacier protection in China's Qinghai
DATELINE: March 18, 2023
LOCATION: XINING, China
1. various of glaciers on Qinghai-Tibet Plateau
2. STANDUP (English): CHEN JIE, Xinhua correspondent
3. various of herders and researchers working
4. SOUNDBITE (Chinese): HE XIAOBO, Associate researcher, Northwest Institute of Eco-Environment and Resources under Chinese Academy of Sciences
STANDUP (English): CHEN JIE, Xinhua correspondent
"I am now standing at the foot of Aemye Ma-chhen Range on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. Glaciers here are shrinking rapidly due to global warming.
In 2008, some local herders volunteered to monitor and mark the glaciers which are constantly retreating. The methods adopted by these herders, though primitive, have triggered scientists' attention."
The Aemye Ma-chhen Range in Maqen County of northwest China's Qinghai Province has more than 40 glaciers.
To monitor the situation, local herders formed a vo
- Product Code
- Registered date
- 2023/3/19 00:00:00
- Xinhua / Kyodo News Images
- Media source
- Xinhua News Agency.All Rights Reserved
- Media size
- 1920 × 1080 pixel
- Deployment size
*File size when opened in Photoshop, etc.